If you have the time to volunteer, we have the opportunity! Silver Maples is always looking for volunteers to assist with a variety of activities and events offered in a senior living setting. The schedule is flexible and the opportunities vary.
Here's a list of some of the senior living volunteer opportunities and activities on which you could assist:
- Calling Bingo
- Visiting with residents to read, play cards, record life stories, work jigsaw puzzles
- Decorating and helping with parties such as the Christmas Gala, the Haunted Halloween Hoedown, and International Night
- Coming along on outings such as picnics and shopping trips
- Helping with the Community Garage Sale
- Lead or assist with art and craft projects
- Substitute teaching exercise class
- Go for a walk with residents
If you have an idea, let us know. We can talk about it. If you would like to have a set schedule, we can work that out. Or, if you prefer to come on your own schedule, that will work, too!