Life doesn’t have to slow down when you get older.
Those who call Silver Maples home appreciate many social, educational, and entertainment opportunities - both near and far. We delight in venturing out and enjoying each other’s company. Join us and see what all the buzz is about!
- Computer classes
- Adult Learner Institute classes
- Lecture series
- First person travelogues
Games & Sports
- Wii sports
- Bridge, Euchre, Bingo
- Women's and Men's Pool Clubs
- In-house workout room
- Instructor-led Exercise classes
- Chelsea Wellness Center membership
Social & Spiritual
- Happy Hour every Friday
- Themed parties, including International Night, Haunted Halloween Hoe-Down, and the Holiday Gala
- Community Coffee Hour with the CEO and Directors
- Pet visits
- Interdenominational worship services
- Shopping trips to Chelsea, Ann Arbor, Jackson and beyond
- Lunch outings
The Silver Maples Life Enrichment staff are certified by the National Association of Activity Professionals, the American Council on Exercise and National Exercise Trainers Association.
Committees & Groups
We have numerous resident committees, which offer a meaningful and engaging opportunity for you to take an active role in the community, while getting to know your new neighbors and friends. These committees and informal groups help make the decisions that affect and strengthen our retirement neighborhood. You can choose to participate, if that’s your style, or choose to sit back taking a low-key approach, both are welcome and enjoyed.
- Connecting Newsletter
- Happy Hour
- Memorial Garden
- Resident Council
- Senior Living Program
- Silver Lining Fund
- Spiritual Life Enrichment