Life doesn’t have to slow down when you get older.
Our residents play a key role in determining what daily life looks like at Silver Maples. With the support, planning and efforts of our residents and the various resident committees, we are able to provide a warm, vibrant, engaging lifestyle that makes our retirement neighborhood truly unique.
- Computer classes
- Adult Learner Institute classes
- Lecture series
- First person travelogues
Games & Sports
- Wii sports
- Bridge, Euchre, Bingo
- Women's and Men's Pool Clubs
- In-house workout room
- Instructor-led Exercise classes
- Chelsea Wellness Center membership
Social & Spiritual
- Happy Hour every Friday
- Themed parties, including International Night, Haunted Halloween Hoe-Down, and the Holiday Gala
- Community Coffee Hour with the CEO and Directors
- Pet visits
- Interdenominational worship services
- Shopping trips to Chelsea, Ann Arbor, Jackson and beyond
- Lunch outings
The Silver Maples Life Enrichment staff are certified by the National Association of Activity Professionals, the American Council on Exercise and National Exercise Trainers Association.
Committees & Groups
We have numerous resident committees, which offer a meaningful and engaging opportunity for you to take an active role in the community, while getting to know your new neighbors and friends. These committees and informal groups help make the decisions that affect and strengthen our retirement neighborhood. You can choose to participate, if that’s your style, or choose to sit back taking a low-key approach, both are welcome and enjoyed.
- Connecting Newsletter
- Happy Hour
- Memorial Garden
- Resident Council
- Senior Living Program
- Silver Lining Fund
- Spiritual Life Enrichment